Wednesday, February 15, 2006

 

I speak a little french

January 29, 2006

you're an asspipe, pardon my french.
one of the best lines in SNL history. thanks Norm McDonald.
Good week this one was. Work was rolling, celebrated Australia day Thursday night and Saturday, I popped my goal cherry by scoring for the first time since coming out of lacrosse retirement. Go SPENCER. It was also the first win I was able to enjoy since joining the team and clearly bringing the talent level down a notch. Had a whale (living) of a defender covering me most of the game. By the third quarter he was cursing his teammates and telling me he was about to walk off the field to have a pint. He was impressively fat.
Friday I conducted my frist solo tour on British soil. Showing 5,000 sq ft here is really no different. Surprised? If so, go back to school. The main difference was that I had to take the tube to a train station, train 15 mins and get off in search of the cab stand. Then I cabbed 15 mins to the building. It's funny thinking about how I used to bitch about having to walk 2 blocks to give a tour, or, "viewing" as they morbidly refer to it here. On my return I bused to the train station, switched onto the tube and walked back to the office. Or, "btttssottawbtto." At some point I'm going to have to get behind the wheel. I suggest those who wanted to visit me to do so before that day comes.
Booked a grand worth of flights as well this week. Upcoming trips include Amsterdam for a lax tournament, Germany for World Cup (dot comm - help me out with tickets!) and Iceland for the ROBERTS bachelor party. Prague is on the horizon, like liver disease.
Hoping to get a ski trip in and some juncture. Mom did you ship my coat, long underwear and thermal superman pj's? You know I won't go without them.
So as mentioned, Thursday we went out with some Aussies from the office to celebrate Australia Day, the day to celebrate being fake British while being massively influenced by America. Or as some Brit on my team confidentially said to me "different breed those Aussies are." I didn't get much out of it except a straw Fosters hat and a wee tinge of a hangover Friday morning.
Still having a great time here in the UK. But to those who think it's nothing but the glamor life, remember, I did leave everything and everyone I loved. And that weighs on me. However I'm adjusting, slowly forgetting my past, blocking out old memories and finding social substitutes (mostly background characters like Fossil and BA).
So here's to bottled water and frozen pizza on this excellently cold Sunday night.
Fat Leo, Chipotle just went public but remember IPOs are overpriced in the short run regardless of stomach size you hippo.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?