Thursday, May 25, 2006

 

Album Review Time

I have acquired 3 new music albums and am yet to pay for them, thanks KK! Thank god too because I needed new tunes.

I walk a lot in London. If I'm not walking I'm on the tube, bus or waiting for one of the first two. My Ipod is a part of me. I'm cyborgish, wires and blinking lights attached to my person. I strive to say nothing to anyone and this helps.


To the album reviews!
1) Rolling Stones
2) Red Hot Chilli Peppers
3) Pearl Jam

First, the best of the three: Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang" which was released last September (I'm behind, retarded and still cannot dunk a basketball)
Not only do they have the best album title but the old guys still kick it better than the young punks of today. Nearly every song is white guy head noddingly good. (white guys nod, blacks bob) Most of them are upbeat and not like their previous libido killing Wild Horses. Another factor is that Mic and gang are still out there ripping shit up, with senseble lyrics at 107 years of age. Keith Richards, who recently flipped Death the bird for about the 30th time, is recovering from head surgery but still touring this summer. Superhuman.

Second, is the RHCP. They were damn close to being first. Their brand new double-album Stadium Arcadium has the replay value of Return of the Jedi and the charm of an Ewok. And like an Ewok, they have returned a bit to their roots with good guitar solos, great bass playing and funky rhythms. To put out 28 songs of which 75% are excellent is stellar. Keidis dominates with some great singing but the majority of his lyrics still don't make sense. I'd get this album if I didn't already own it.

Third, Pearl Jam's latest entitled Pearl Jam. You want to roundhouse Vedder for the title but
the album is decent. The songs are upbeat but dissimilar to their previous stuff. This works mildly well. Upbeat power chords define this album. However I prefer when Eddie is howling, I'm imitating and girl friend on the verge of pushing the steering wheel into oncoming traffic if I start singing Daughter one more time.

DON'T CALL ME...THE PICTURE...IT WILL REMIIIIEEEIIIEEIIND
errrrrrrrr. CRASH





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?