Wednesday, May 17, 2006

 

All Up In My Grill

I’d like to share a revelation I’ve had, Mr. Anderson

BUYING A GRILL IS REVOLUTIONARY

Had a nice little Monday (well it was May 1st) planned out the other week complete with a trip to Home Base. Home Base is the UK’s smaller, weaker, and just as orange version of Home Depot.

Upon entering Home Base, a wave of relief rushed over me as I realized prices were reasonable and items were sold in bulk. AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ended up settling on an Italian made grill because history has taught me nothing. A tank of butane cost me about $50. Can’t remember what I used to pay on Columbia Pike, but I’m pretty sure $20 covered it. So after swallowing my tongue and sticking a fork in my eye, I made it home with my new baby.

After wiping my ass with the Italian instruction manual, I examined the parts before me. Everything seemed to be there. And actually assembly went smoothly, despite having to force feed screws into some tight Italian holes. Oh!

Luckily I avoided the Homer building a dog house experience.

Stern, party of one:






<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?