Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

Wealthy Americans as sick and fat as poor Brits

Thank God I'm not wealthy.

Those of you that read might have seen articles released yesterday on this topic. One of the articles that details can be found here:

<http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn9098&feedId=online-news_rss2>

For those of you that don't hyperlink, know this:
I have been living here for over 4 months and seen some of the most disgusting and unhealthy diets this island has to offer. Yet the richest Americans can barely hang with the po brits.

"The researchers found that U.S. citizens in late middle age are much less healthy than their English counterparts for diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, lung disease and cancer," the press release said. For instance, it said, the prevalence of diabetes was twice as high in the United States as in England and hypertension was 10 percent more common in America.

Please note that my father and my girl friend emailed me this article within 16 minutes of one another. I get it guys, I'm a statistic.

Will









<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?